ST LUKES CHURCH OF ENGLAND SCHOOL
Local Governing Board
Mr Ben Slater
Chair of Governors – email@example.com
Chair of Ethos Committee
Foundation Governor (01/02/2020-31/01/2024)
Declaration of Interests: Employed by Fiveways, Devon
Responsible for: Disadvantaged Students and Safegaurding, Children in Care & Year 7 Chaplain
Mr Ben Bunting
Foundation Governor (28.06.22 – 27.06.2026)
Declaration of Interests: Nil
Responsible for: Parental Engagement & Communications; Environmental Performance
Mr Mark Wadeley-Jones
Co-Opted Governor (02/12/2020-01/12/2024)
Declaration of Interests: Family employed by the Ted Wragg Trust Deputy Safeguarding Governor
Miss Kealey Sherwood
Headteacher and Ex-Officio Governor
Resigned in 2021-22:
Miss Becca Skinner – Staff Governor
Red. Helen Sherlock – Foundation Governor (02/02/2021-28/02/2022)
The ability of a governing body to work together for the good of the school depends on trust and an understanding of common purpose. The Code of Practice we have adopted is:
- We have responsibility for determining, monitoring and keeping under review the broad policies, plans and procedures within which the school operates.
- We recognise that the Principal is responsible for the implementation of policy, day-to-day management of the College and the implementation of the curriculum.
- We accept that all governors have equal status, and although elected and appointed by different groups (e.g. parents, staff, Local Authority) our overriding concern will be the welfare of the college as a whole.
- We have no legal authority to act individually, except when the governing body has given us delegated authority to do so.
- We have a duty to act fairly and without prejudice, and in so far as we have responsibility for the employment of the staff, we will fulfil all that is reasonably expected of a good employer.
- We will encourage open government and should be seen to be doing so.
- We will consider carefully how our decisions may affect other schools.
Continually Challenging and Supporting
S – Safeguarding all pupils and staff
T – The consistent application of policies and procedures
L – Liaise with staff to promote pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development
U – Use views and experience to form strategic priorities for development
K – Keeping the work of the school under review and acting on findings
E – Engage effectively with parents, carers, pupils and the wider school community
S – Support the work of the staff by being innovative, flexible and adaptable
Minutes For Governors Meetings:
St Luke’s is a wonderful place; is a school full of staff who are dedicated to improving the life chances of every student that attends the school.
Kealey Sherwood, Headteacher