Welcome to St Luke’s Church of England School and thank you for choosing St Luke’s for your child. We are very much looking forward to working closely with all of our new students and their families to ensure that the move from primary to secondary is as smooth as possible. We are acutely aware that transition to secondary school can be daunting but please rest assured that we will have this at the forefront of our minds as we plan for every child’s transition to St Luke’s.
St Luke’s is an ambitious school with high expectations of and for all students. Our aim is for every student to take an active part in all aspects of school life so that they can all live ‘life to the full’. We hope that our transition guide will provide you with as much information as possible about life at St Luke’s but if there are any questions that are not answered, please do not hesitate to contact us by telephone or email.
We really look forward to having a close partnership with you over the next five years to ensure we secure the very best outcomes for your child in terms of both their academic and personal development. We again welcome you to the St Luke’s community and look forward to meeting you all very soon.
With warm regards,
Kealey Sherwood, Headteacher
Choosing a school is like choosing a home; it has to feel right. At St Luke’s there is real excitement coupled with a sense of aspirational purpose. We pride ourselves on being a family and are extremely proud of our high aspirations that are coupled with fun, happiness and warmth.
We are proud of our school and are always delighted to show it off to prospective pupils and their parents, so please do book in to come and see us!
Our Transition Pledge
Our pledge to you for transition, at St Luke’s CofE School we will:
- do everything we can to ensure that every child has the best possible transition between Primary and Secondary school
- find a time for you to visit our school
- ensure you are fully informed and are able to ask questions at any time of year
We are committed to fully supporting your child in their transition by providing:
- every child with a copy of the book ‘Wonder’ to read by the time they start secondary school
- an opportunity for every child to write to their new tutor, introducing themselves with what their hobbies are, what they are looking forward to about starting at their secondary school and what they are worried about
- an introductory Maths course via our exciting and highly successful SPARX programme. This programme is used to deliver Maths at St Luke’s.
- a Knowledge Organiser ‘Getting to know your school’ and instructions on how to use cover, write, check to help your child familiarise themselves with their Secondary school.
- a full transition programme that ensures the move between primary and secondary school is supported, personalised and one which recognises the needs of each individual child
- a bespoke two day induction programme at the start of the Autumn term to ensure a successful start for every child at St Luke’s
Useful videos and documents
- Welcome video from our Year 7s
- A – Z for our new Year 7s
- New Year 7 Parent Guide 2020
- Year 7 parents guide
- Transition Video – Miss Sherwood
- Year 6 important dates
- Year 6 into 7 transition info
- What happens on transition day
Tutor Welcome Videos:
- Miss Bartlett: youtu.be/fLF6RHt6S64
- Miss Finch: youtu.be/GzrgDJd88n4
- Dr Passmore: youtube.com/watch?v=ncR-usMWBgg
- Mrs Boundy: youtu.be/78oFup9ywAc
- Mr Jaremi: youtu.be/A5EnzksblmQ
- Miss Anslow: youtu.be/q5w2819MI3g
- Dr Garrett: youtu.be/P1_e7ZSVFs0
- Miss Haw: youtu.be/_fAf1PUYBuY
- Mr Miller: youtu.be/jLdK_Z46Z10
- Miss Sincock: youtu.be/eBRZpMdm0Cg
St Luke’s is a wonderful place.
A school full of staff who are dedicated to improving the life chances of every student that attends the school.
Kealey Sherwood, Headteacher